Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Crockpot Cookery

After years without one, I purchased a crockpot last winter.  It is just a cheapy Rival that Target had on sale for $15 (normally $40) last year during the holidays.  So far the funnest thing I have made in it is tapioca pudding, but I have used it for soups mainly.

Today I found this post with some great crock pot tips from Deborah Taylor Hough's The Original Simple Mom blog.  She is also the author of the Frozen Assets: How To Cook For A Day And Eat For A Month book which I liked when I was doing freezer meals.  Talented lady.

I have been on the look out for crock pot recipes that don't say "Open a can of Cream of Chemical Soup", then add...

Any healthy crockpot recipe recommendations out there?

1 comment:

blessedmama said...

Hey, Theresa! Glad to see you're back! I read your previous post, too, and I definitely do meal planning. It's a disaster when I'm lazy and don't do it. Meals thrown together mish mash, not as nutritious, etc. I usually plan meals a week at a time, but I'm on a new schedule and am doing them for two weeks at a time. My goal, maybe next month, is to do it for a month at a time. Then, I don't have to think about it. I'll know we're going to eat nutritiously! I've missed you!